Saturday, November 20, 2010

Free Anitvirus

There are three things I look for when deciding what antivirus software to use.
  1. Is it easy? Download, installation and continued updates should be easy and automated.
  2. Quiet monitoring is a must. I have no patience for software that hogs precious resources or constantly pops up requesting my attention and money.
  3. Cost! I'm a firm believer that there is no need to pay much if anything for safe web browsing.

There is a lot of software out there that fits the bill, but my current favorite is Avast! which can be downloaded here. You can upgrade to a paid version, but most home users will be fine with the free version. During the installation, it will try to install Google Chrome for you so if that's not something you're interested in exploring, make sure to check the bubble that ops for the "express installation" without Google Chrome. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment